Thursday, February 25, 2016

Mark 4:11-12 and 21-34

The scripture passage that I will be journaling on today will be Mark 4:11-12and Mark 4:21-34.  The daily office only lists Mark Chapter 4, verses 21 through 34; however, I think it is important to understand why Jesus spoke in parables, so I added verses 11 and 12 to my study for today.   

I will be hosting a Bible journaling class from 11:30-1:00 today. I hope to journal in my Bible during this class and upload the results of my study prior to 10:00 tonight. 

Update with reflection and journal entry: 
A mustard seed is the smallest seed - Christians are a small group - we began small with Jesus' ministry.  As we lean on God for guidance and understanding, His kingdom of believers grows and will continue to grow until it is the tallest plant in the garden.  We can't always see God at work but as the seed sprouts, so do things that God has been nourishing and cultivating.


Lord, help me trust that the seeds I have scattered in your name will sprout as you shower them with love and shine light upon them with time.  Help me to rest, knowing that the harvest of my efforts will come... in its due season.


Happy study!
         ~Sara +

2 comments:

  1. How very appropriate for the circumstances that came to light today....love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely... in many areas of my life and in the lives of those who are very dear to me. God is good... all the time!

      Delete