Thursday, March 10, 2016

Spiritual Gifts

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12 - Now, concerning Spiritual Gifts... continue reading here.  Go ahead... we'll wait. :) 
Observations: Key words: Gift, Variety but One Spirit - Paul points out that there are a variety of gifts but the Same Spirit... a variety of activities but the same Lord... a variety of activities but the same God.
Application: Spiritual gifts are given generously and specifically by God, to us, for His purposes. God asks us to be a conduit for the gifts of His spirit to flow through us.  The thing about a gift is that it isn't a gift until it's given away.  Think about a gift that you'd like to give to your child, or spouse, or best friend, or parent... you look for a special gift that they would really appreciate... something that screams "This is especially for you!"  If you spent months looking for this gift, and then another several months saving up to purchase that gift, finally buying it and then hiding it in the bottom of a closet, is it still a gift for them? No!  It's a thought... it doesn't become a gift until you give it away.
Prayer: Lord, help me to recognize the gifts that you've given me, the gifts that you've bestowed upon others, and the gift of your unconditional love and grace.  Help me, Father, to be willing to share my gifts so that those whom I share these gifts with will know that they come from you... so that your presence is evident in me and my life.  Help me remember that all these gifts are from you... they do not originate within me, but in you and it is merely my responsibility to be a conduit for your gifts.




Peace  to you, my friends,
~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment